Funding & Donations
How to Give
There are a number of ways of giving financially to St Philips other than giving cash or sending a cheque, and these are listed below.
1. Parish Direct Debits
Direct debits are processed through the Anglican Community Fund and more information can be found on their website.
Direct Debiting is both a convenient and secure method of making donations to the Church and has proved very popular in Parishes across Australia with many reporting in excess of 25% of members electing to give via Direct Debit.
Direct Debits can be from a bank account or a Credit Card (noting a small % fee is charged when paying by a credit card)
To set up a direct debits follow these steps:
- Contact us and request a Direct Debit form (or download it now here)
- Decide what annual level of offering you can afford, and would like to make in support of the Church and its works.
- Divide this annual amount by either 52 (for weekly contributions), 26 (fortnightly) or 12 (monthly).
- On the Direct Debit Request form you receive from your Parish, specify the desired amount and timing of each contribution.
- Read the terms and conditions on the form provided, carefully.
- Sign and return the form to ACF at the address on the form
To change an existing direct debit request:
Complete the above direct debit form, checking the box at the top “Change Existing Request“. Include your giving ID if you know it – otherwise ACF will identify you by your full name. changes should be notified at least seven days prior to the next scheduled drawing date
2. Set up a regular electronic Direct Payment to our Account
St Philips account details are as follows:
|St Philips Anglican Parish of Cottesloe
Anglican Community Fund (Inc)
3. Make a one-off Online Credit Card Payment
Enter “St Philips Cottesloe” under Name of nominated Parish on the form.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do we receive funds from the Diocese / Anglican Church?
- No, in fact after certain deductions, a percentage of our general giving is paid to the Diocese. There are specific grants available from the Diocese that we can and do apply for.
Do we pay for the Ministers?
- Yes, we pay all of the Ministers’ stipends and allowances. The Diocese contributes to only a proportion of their superannuation. We also pay for all the other staff we currently employ.
Do we pay for the Church building and its maintenance?
- Yes, we are liable for all costs in maintaining or improving the Church buildings, Rectory and land.
Can I buy something and donate it to the church instead of giving money?
- You can, though monetary donations are preferred. If you do buy something or pay for a service as a donation, please give us a copy of the invoice / receipt. It enables us to evaluate the full turnover / cost of running the church, and, as we are GST registered we are able to claim this back.