Dear St Philips,
Not really a musing, sorry, more of a short report. Here are a few highlights from the life of The Common over the last month.
Alpha: We have two men doing the Alpha course at the Duffs.
Missional Community (MC): On mission this month, the Duff MC met at the Willagee Community Centre. We set up 4 teams: some prayed around the area, others purchased Milo and milk, which were made up into packages, other people walked in the area, giving out the packages and praying with the recipients. We gave away 29 packages and some people were able to have long discussions and prayer with people.
The Discipleship Home (DH or Duffs’ House) is settling well. There are now 7 of us living in our home; it will be 9 by Christmas. There are many organised and organic ‘discipleship’ moments. Pray for Jane and me as we lead this together.
Men’s weekend away: Three of us went away on a fasting weekend to pray and fast together, even though I became ill on the second day.
I have been away doing some training and having some holidays recently. This has meant that Jared has preached for much of the time at our services. Tenille preached last Sunday. It is wonderful to see God using His people to strengthen many others and a privilege to serve alongside such robust and dedicated disciples.
- Pray for a new ministry that we will be launching next term. It is called The Monastery. The idea is that groups of 3-4 from our Missional Communities will come together once a week to read the Bible and pray together. It will also involve a weekly devotion/liturgy for people to follow individually.
- Pray for upcoming Christmas services. We will be doing our own small Carols at the Pally Patch and a Christmas Day service.
- The Murthas will be at the Pally Patch next to the Palmyra Sunday Markets.
The Murtha MC, whose mission focus is to the Palmyra School community. This is Jared on a Sunday with his MC, teaching and participating in growing vegetables in the Pally Patch (Palmyra PS kitchen garden).
The Common’s key times up to Christmas:
- Nov 24, 3-6:30pm – Pool party at the Duffs (IN/OUT). Invite friends.
- Nov 25, 9am – Service (UP) – Melville Guide Hall (Cnr Stock and Kitchener Road, Melville).
- Dec 2, 9.30am, – MC – (All IN/OUT) – Pally Patch and Palmyra School market.
- Dec 9, 9am – Service (UP) – Melville Guide Hall (Cnr Stock and Kitchener Road, Melville).
- Dec 15, 3-6:30pm – Pool party at the Duffs (IN/OUT). Invite friends.
- Dec 16, 4pm – MC – (All IN)- Fellowship .
- Dec 23, 4pm – Carols (UP/OUT) – Pally Patch (Palmyra Primary School).
- Dec 25, 9am- Service (UP) – Melville Guide Hall (Cnr Stock and Kitchener Road, Melville).
We are very thankful for your prayers and support.