One month down being full time at The Common!
Here are some highlights, prayer points and upcoming events:
- Governance board in place and have met twice.
- We are now an incorporated body.
- We are a week into a fundraising drive called ‘30 Common Days’ (check out our Facebook page).
- We are gathering weekly at Bicton Baths with 30-40 people.
- We are in discussions with Palmyra Primary School regarding being tenants in their old off-site kindergarten. (Please pray we get this.)
- We run our first service on Sunday Feb 11th.
- We start back ministering in the flats in late February.
- We are launching a women’s small group led by Jane and Tenille.
- We have two huddles running (leadership discipleship groups).
- Jared resumes studying at Vose Theological College.
- Yesterday I ran a mission and discipleship training day in Williams for the Diocese of Bunbury.
- I will be in Wellington NZ in March to help run a discipleship training event for NZ Anglicans.
I’m so thankful for how God has blessed us. It is over 5 years since we arrived in Perth and I can honestly say that it has been the best years of my life. I love St Philips; I have been welcomed, loved, encouraged and challenged. I will still be here on average a few times a month for the first half of the year as a locum. After that I will be here quarterly to report back, preach and worship with you.
From all the Duffs, thank you for all your love and support. It’s been simply amazing.
Most importantly, keep strong in the faith, keep fixing your eyes on Jesus, keep loving one another and keep taking risks in the power of the Spirit.