Record your family or household’s celebrations and favourite moments during the year, then read them all together on New Year’s Day and thank God for them all.
- A small box with a lid with pre-cut pieces of paper (why not make them colourful?)
- Or a celebration book to write in
- Each time there is something to celebrate or something to be thankful for, write it on a piece of paper and put it in the box (or write it in the book).
- Do this as often as you can! (You could include things like kids learning to ride a bike, going on a special holiday, getting a new game and sharing it with friends, getting an award of any kind, finishing a renovation or garden clean-up, an enjoyable day of baking cakes etc).
- On New Year’s Day (or a special day of your choice), open the box. Read the cards together, enjoy the memories and then pray and thank God for all the good things that have happened during the year.